The safety and security of all visitors to National Bank Open presented by Rogers is our highest priority, and there will be enhanced security measures in place at this year’s tournament. Be sure to arrive early to make time for going through security at the entrance gates.
The tournament reserves the right to limit items which may be brought into the Sobeys Stadium grounds. To access the grounds, you must pass through security screening involving metal detection and visual inspections, which are designed to prevent prohibited items from entering Sobeys Stadium. Any bag, container or package will be checked prior to entering the grounds. All persons entering the grounds will be subject to search. Please leave unnecessary items at home or in your vehicle.
Note: This information is subject to change based on federal, provincial, municipal and Public Health regulations and recommendations.
Here are a few tips to help the security screening process go more quickly:
- Co-operate with staff at all times and follow their directions.
- Be prepared to empty your pockets and remove metallic items from your persons.
- Be prepared to have your bag inspected.
- You will be asked to pass through a magnetometer (walk though metal detector). Let the security staff know if, for medical reasons, you are not comfortable doing this.
The following items are not permitted inside the Grounds and are subject to confiscation:
- Glass Bottles or Containers
- Animals (unless a service animal)
- Noisemaking Devices
- Laser Pointers
- Selfie Sticks
- Flag Poles
- Tennis Racquets
- Self-balancing devices
- Video Cameras or other Recording Devices
- Unauthorized Advertising or Promotional Material
- Any other objects deemed unsatisfactory by the management of National Bank Open presented by Rogers are strictly prohibited on the Grounds.
The following items are allowed:
- Metal or Plastic Bottles
- Sunscreen in any container or form
- Food and water as long as it abides by the above prohibited items list
- Small Personal Coolers
- Laptops, tablets and other handheld electronic devices are allowed on site, however their use within the confines (spectator area) of the tournament match courts is prohibited.
- Cameras are allowed on site as long as the following two rules are followed:
- No flash photography is allowed while play is in session.
- The usage of the camera does not interfere with any other guest’s enjoyment of the tennis.
Please click to read the complete Conditions of Entry.