This general policy is applicable to all Tennis Canada departments based in all provinces of Canada, and handling personal information hosted in the country.
"Personal Information" is any information that relates to a natural person and allows, directly or indirectly, to identify that individual. This definition applies to information collected and maintained by Tennis Canada or by a third-party partner, regardless of the nature of its medium and the form in which it is accessible.
Management of Personal Information
Personal Information We Collect
The categories of personal information we collect are listed below (non-exhaustive list):
- Identifying information: surname, first name, postal address, phone number, email address, postal code, country, etc.
- Bank details: credit card numbers (if applicable), other payment information, etc.
- Computer and digital activity information: IP address, MAC address, logs, device type, usage data, tracking and cookies data, etc.
- Account information: role and permissions, settings and preferences, login, etc.
- Application and employment information (employees, volunteers).
How We Collect Personal Information
Tennis Canada collects personal information directly provided to Us, personal information collected when you use our Services (including our Websites), personal information received from third parties, and personal information you provide when interacting with Tennis Canada online.
- Directly from individuals: Tennis Canada collects your personal information when you provide it to us through our Websites and apply for job opportunities posted on our Websites.
- Personal information collected when you use Tennis Canada Services: We collect information when you use one of our Services, such as Usage Data. When you use our Websites, information may be collected about the device and the browser you use. We may collect the IP address and other generic information about how you use our Websites or other Services (for example, aggregate metrics on how often certain pages on our Websites are accessed and viewed). Information may also be collected using cookies or other technologies.
- Personal Information collected from other sources/third parties: Tennis Canada obtains certain types of personal information from third-party sources, in accordance with the authorization procedures and privacy settings of such third parties.
How We Use Personal Information
We collect and process personal information, provided with consent, for the following purposes:
- Use of the Services offered by Tennis Canada (e.g. tickets sales, online retail, tennis development, email newsletter).
- Personalization of our Websites/application; profile management, and interactions with Tennis Canada.
- Marketing and segmentation of users (e.g. web visitors, customers, donors).
- Commercial communications relating to Tennis Canada or selected partner companies.
- Recruitment and background verification.
- Analysis, research, and development purposes.
- Audit, reporting, investigations, and compliance with legal obligations.
Except as provided by law, the consent for the disclosure of your personal information must be expressed, free, informed and intended for the purposes defined above. Consent is collected separately for each of the intended purposes and is valid for the time necessary to achieve the purposes for which it was requested.
Personal information may, however, be used for another purpose without the consent of the individual concerned:
- when its use is for purposes compatible with those for which it was collected.
- when its use is clearly for the benefit of the person concerned.
- when its use is necessary for the purposes of study, research or the production of statistics and it is anonymized.
How We Share Personal Information
We may share your information with our service providers. For example, we use Shopify for our merchandising. These service providers may process or store your personal information on our behalf.
Personal information collected may be stored, processed, and transferred to any country or region in which Tennis Canada operates to allow us to use such information in accordance with this policy. In the event of a transfer outside the province of Quebec, we will run and formalize a Privacy Impact Assessment to verify that the personal information will benefit from the appropriate level of protection and confidentiality.
Time-Limited Retention of Personal Information
We retain personal information for as long as is strictly necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or if necessary to comply with our legal and contractual obligations. Retention periods will be determined considering the type of information that is collected and the purpose for which it is collected, bearing in mind the requirements applicable to the situation and the need to destroy outdated, unused information at the earliest reasonable time.
Protection of Personal Information
Tennis Canada complies with the regulations and the standards imposed in terms of the protection of personal information and the security of information systems. Security assessments are run to ensure the robustness of our privacy and cybersecurity management system.
We apply technical, organizational, and incident response measures to protect personal information, including:
- Identification of personal information and sensitive data.
- Analysis of risks related to the management of personal information.
- Governance of information systems security: organization, policies and procedures, roles, and responsibilities.
- Technical means (protection, detection, encryption).
- Safeguards and recovery.
- Physical protection (servers, PCs).
Your Rights and How to Exercise Them
As permitted under applicable laws, you may exercise the following rights with regards to the personal information we hold about you:
- Right to access your personal information: You have the right to access and obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
- Right to rectify your personal information: You have the right to have your personal information rectified if it is incorrect or outdated and/or completed if it is incomplete.
- Right to withdraw your consent to the use or disclosure of your personal information: However, please note that in some cases, withdrawing consent will mean that Tennis Canada can no longer provide you with services where the information is necessary to complete the transaction or request.
- Right to be forgotten: In some cases, you have the right to have your personal information erased or deleted. However, we may have legal or legitimate grounds for retaining your personal information.
If you wish to have access to your personal information, wish to modify it or if you are not satisfied with the processing of your personal information, please contact the Data Privacy Officer of Tennis Canada by the following means:
- Email: email@example.com
- Postal address: 285, rue Gary-Carter, Montréal, Québec H2R 2W1
- Phone at: 514-273-1515
The procedure for requesting access to your personal information is free of charge. The transmission of any personal information is subject to the verification of the identity of the applicant according to the procedure in place within Tennis Canada.