First-round action concludes on Tuesday at Sobeys Stadium, as well as the first second-round match with world No. 5 Casper Ruud.
Tuesday, Aug. 8 - Round One and Two
CENTER COURT start 12:30 pm
- First Round - A. Murray (GBR) d. L. Sonego (ITA) 7-6(3), 6-0
- After a nearly 90-minute first set where he saved set points, the three-time champion races through the second to advance.
Not Before 2:00 pm
- First Round -  A. Zverev (GER) d. T. Griekspoor (NED) 6-4, 7-6(3)
- The 2017 champion plays better at the business end of each set, breaking to claim the first and hanging tough in the second set tiebreak.
Not Before 7:00 pm
- First Round - [Q] M. Purcell (AUS) d.  F. Auger-Aliassime (CAN) 6-4, 6-4
- Purcell breaks early in both sets and slams the door to shock the home crowd.
- Second Round -  C. Ruud (NOR) d. J. Lehecka (CZE) 7-6(6), 6-4
- From 0-4 down in the first set tiebreak, Ruud rallies and escapes with a straight-set win.
GRANDSTAND start 11:00 am
- First Round - S. Korda (USA) d. T. Etcheverry (ARG) 6-3, 6-2
- Korda puts 74 per cent of his first serves in play and never faces a break point in a routine win.
- First Round - U. Humbert (FRA) d. N. Jarry (CHI) 4-6, 6-3, 6-4
- Humbert gets broken in the opening game but raises his level after dropping the first set, hitting 34 winners in a comeback win.
- First Round - A. de Minaur (AUS) d.  C. Norrie (GBR) 7-5, 6-4
- From 3-5 down in the first set, de Minaur wins six of the next seven games to take the opener and go up a break in the second, which was enough to claim victory.
Not Before 3:00 pm
- First Round - [WC] G. Diallo (CAN) d. D. Evans (GBR) 7-6(4), 7-5
- Despite letting two break leads slip away in the second set, Diallo hangs on at the third time of asking to secure his first win on the ATP Tour.
- First Round - B. Shelton (USA) d. B. Zapata Miralles (ESP) 7-6(1), 6-4
- Shelton goes for broke and is rewarded, rifling 36 winners to his opponent's nine and winning 84 per cent of his first serve points to set a date with the top seed.
COURT 1 start 11:00 am
- First Round - [Q] M. Giron (USA) d. E. Ruusuvuori (FIN) 7-6(4), 7-6(6)
- Giron saves his best for the tiebreaks and holds off the Ruusuvuori comeback bid to advance.
Not Before 12:00 noon
- First Round - M. McDonald (USA) d. A. Karatsev 6-3, 6-4
- The second serve lets Karatsev down as he wins just 33 per cent and double faults 10 times, allowing McDonald to break five times.
- First Round - [LL] A. Vukic (AUS) d.  B. Coric (CRO) 6-2, 6-3
- Vukic picks apart the Cincinnati champion's serve, winning 68 per cent of those return points and creating 11 break point opportunities, while losing just 10 points on his own delivery.
Not Before 5:00 pm
- First Round - [WC] N. Mahut (FRA) / V. Pospisil (CAN) d. [WC] B. Sigouin (CAN) / K. Stevenson (CAN) 7-5, 6-4
- Pospisil eliminates his two countrymen by limiting them to just a single break point in a straight-set win.
COURT 4 start 11:00 am
- First Round - H. Hurkacz (POL) / M. Pavic (CRO) d. L. Glasspool (GBR) / H. Heliovaara (FIN) 6-2, 7-5
- Hurkacz and Pavic start fast and end strong with breaks early and late to claim the win.
- First Round -  K. Krawietz (GER) / T. Puetz (GER) d. [ALT] P. Polansky (CAN)/A. Shamasdin (CAN) 6-3, 6-2
- The Germans save all four break points they face to deny the Canadian alternates a win at home.
Not Before 2:00 pm
- First Round - [ALT] S. Doumbia (FRA)/F. Reboul (FRA) d. M. Gonzalez (ARG) / A. Molteni (ARG) 6-3, 7-5
- The alternates take advantage of their opportunity, breaking once in each set while saving the lone break point they faced.
COURT 3 start 1:00 pm
- First Round - F. Martin (FRA) / A. Mies (GER) d. A. Bublik (KAZ) / A. Mannarino (FRA) 6-3, 6-4
- Martin and Mies break at the first opportunity in each set and never let their opponents back into the match.
- First Round - J. Murray (GBR) / M. Venus (NZL) d. F. Cerundolo (ARG) / T. Etcheverry (ARG) 7-6(5), 6-3
- After squeaking out a first set that saw multiple lead changes, Murray and Venus strike the deciding blow late in the second set.